Thursday, October 20, 2011

Christmas 2011 with Marlow

So the flights have been booked and we're all excited for the family reunion in England over Xmas. We're flying Marlow out of Burkina the day after we get in to London.  Apart from the excitement of seeing Marlow for the first time in 7 months, the cool (cold!) weather and Xmas with hubby, my other daughter Hailey, mother, brothers and extended families is something I'm really looking forward to. Even though I've lived in the States for 25 years and get back to England quite regularly, I have not spend Xmas "back home" in all that time.

Anyone who knows me and Marlow will not be surprised that I had already planned this trip in my head before she left for Burkina in June and she prepared accordingly by pre-packing a suitcase with warm clothes that I will bring over. Now that's being organized!

It will be even more special for Marlow because the plan is to have her bf come over to England, too!

Really cool that Marlow will be flying through Casablanca on her way to Heathrow. How many people have been to Casablanca? Oh, never mind, how many people have been to Burkina Faso, right?

It will only be a one week England trip for Marlow and she flies back on January 1st, but there are only so many available flights in and out of that part of West Africa.  And, I think it's important that she isn't out of Burkina for too long since she has only been at site for 3 months. There are stories of volunteers being wooed away from service after a vacation this early in, but no worries there for Marlow.

So, in almost exactly two months we'll all be together. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment