Friday, January 27, 2012

Thoughts on being with Marlow over Christmas

Terminal 4 at Heathrow. Hailey, Michael and myself waiting for Marlow to get through customs and passport control. We'd just done that ourselves the day before.

But then we saw her face which was what my heart was aching for. Nothing very dramatic (I wasn't fishing for drama) and a normal reunion, really. Just so special to have all of us together after 6 months. And in England too!

We had lots of great get-togethers over Christmas and New Years Eve with my mother, brothers, nieces, nephews, and Michael's relatives too. Fun times in London, Kent and Brighton. Too many memories to recount.

Then we said goodbye to Marlow at Terminal 4 with laden suitcases as she departed back to Burkina on  New Year's Day. I know she was itching to get "back home." And now she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment