Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thoughts about what to send next

Yes, it's quite expensive to send packages to Burkina. Worse is not knowing if the package will be received (it's apparently not that bad for package interception, but you never know). Package #1 (duly noted on the box) was sent two weeks ago and may not arrive for a while. Still, I'm working on Package #2. Today I got all the "produits necessaire" that Marlow asked for in our last Skype call on Sunday. Nothing much outside of shampoo/conditioner and something to wash her clothes with (a better alternative to the local bar soap).

Of course, I am sending a whole lot more for her as well as for her Burkinabe host family (the kids). I won't spoil the surprise for Marlow here.

Actually, I know that Marlow doesn't really need anything much from me right now, other than the standard love and support that she knows she gets from her family, ZXJ, and her friends here in the US. But, hey, doesn't hurt to send some extra reminders of home, right? Just trying to make sure it's not stuff she doesn't have to needlessly carry.

Anyway, wandering up the store aisles, thinking about what Marlow might want makes me feel a little closer to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment